Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pillowcase Romper

I have a backlog of projects to post about...how did that happen?

Maybe it's because modeling is sooo hard :)


I know it's no secret that I love pattern testing, but one of the things I love most about it is that the deadline really helps me focus my time in my sewing room. I've been pattern testing so much this year that I have been sewing at least one item a week (and I definitely haven't been blogging that regularly!) Here's my latest project, just finished last night:



I'll be honest. I did not think I was going to like this style. But this was my first opportunity to test for Fairytale Pattern Designs so I didn't want to turn it down. I LOVE the end result, so I'm so glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone! There are only 6 pages to tape together and the pattern is on sale for 30% off right now! AND it includes doll sizes!



This was a quick sew and I was really pleased with the fit. Granted, there's not a lot to fit with a pillowcase romper, but there was just the right amount ease in the body so it doesn't look poofy. And the length is really cute. I don't think I'd like this if it was full length pants, but I think the drafted length is just darling. And a contrast tie and leg band and the ruffles at the bottom add just the right amount of detail for this mama :)

Boy, she was on fire last night!

I think this is a great item to wear with our climate here in the south (it will transition well from hot and humid outside to air conditioning inside)--I hope I have time to make a few more for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...