Wednesday, February 9, 2022

My New Sewing Room

DISCLAIMER: So, this post was supposed to go up in 2018.SO much has changed since then (and not just being in a pandemic). I decided to publish this anyways, because I wanted to get this blog going again. I have lots more to update, but please enjoy some pretty pictures from when I had a clean sewing room (in a house I no longer live in)

I have been away from blogging for a long time, and I don't know that I can do it regularly, but I know I love having a place to store all my sewing memories, and a way to share the hobby I love with others, so I'm gonna keep this ol' page limping along :) I wanted to start by sharing my "new" sewing room.




We moved a year and a half ago into a home out in the country (we're about 20 minutes from a "real" town). The new house has a huge room upstairs with a half wall that overlooks the living room. It serves as both an entertainment room for the kids and my office/sewing room. Here's a fuller shot of the room.



One side has the entertainment center/couch, one side has my wall of fabric and machines, and my computer is in the middle. There's not much natural light like the rest of the house has, so I put in track lighting. It may not be the prettiest, but it's super functional. Right now the power cord hangs down from the ceiling, but my husband is going to wire it through the walls to a switch.



My favorite part is this side of the room, of course. I bought 3 wooden shelving units from Ikea. Two have glass doors and drawers in them. Together they are about 108" wide. I thought a whole wall of floor-to-celing fabric storage would be enough, but that wasn't the case. There is "overflow" over in the corner by the entertainment center, as well as along the half wall that overlooks the living room downstairs. (There may also, ahem, be some hidden in totes under my daughter's bed)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...