Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Still Crazy about Peplums!

Ack! I've gotten behind on taking pictures and posting. That's a good problem to have, right? Anyhow, here's a project I wanted to share even though the pictures don't do the design justice.


This is the Nova top/dress pattern from Popolok Designs. It's got a sweetheart neckline and design options include cap sleeves and an absolutely adorable little attached skirt. I was hoping, after I saw Alviana's photos, that the skirt would be included in the pattern, and it was. I just didn't sew that option. This time. Because Popolok patterns are too good to only be sewn once.


My invisible zipper still sucks, which is how I justified buying an invisible zipper foot this week! (plus we wanted the free super saver shipping at Amazon and it took me to 5 cents over the required amount...) Alviana's instructions, however, don't suck. They are fantastic and she had lots of helpful tips on how to install the zipper. This is only my second one, and it's less obvious in person, so I'm going with it.

I think the top is darling although I didn't love it after seeing the pictures. I think, if I style it differently, it could end up looking as good as I pictured. I think. Any styling suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...