Monday, January 2, 2012

Monogrammed Cell Phone Case

Last year I made my MIL a purse in black and hot pink, along with a purse roll and in-the-hoop card holder to go in it.

The black & white item is a purse roll


I had some of the same fabric left from the little card holder, so this year I made her a phone case to coordinate with her other purse accessories.



This design is from digiStitches and fits iphones and other phones of similar size/shape.  It's got stippled quilting on the front and allows for the use of a contrast fabric for the monogram frame and lining.

The case on the left is the back of the one I made for my
MIL, when closed, and the one on the right is one I made
for my sister & shows the stippling a little better


I thought about making my brother-in-law one of these, but I would have to make some changes because I think this design is a little feminine.  If I used my embroidery software to remove the stipple stitching and used a different font and monogram frame, I think it would be more appropriate.  Maybe next year...in the meantime, I need to make one of these for myself!
*Note: You may want to check the fit of the phone before adding the snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...