Monday, July 16, 2012

Sassy or Not?

Janay brought up some interesting--and excellent--points on her blog yesterday.  She was discussing sayings we see on clothes and her point of view.  I have tried to be careful with what my kids wear but realize a few items have slipped through the cracks of my best judgement.  Take this shirt for example:



I have this picture of my daughter at work and when people see it I feel like I have to explain that she is not allowed to be disrespectful, that she's just full of spunk.  Instead of having to keep rationalizing the shirt, I've decided to display a new version of it:



Photoshop to the rescue!  It's not as colorful, but I won't feel like I have to defend the photo.  And I'm sure I'll take a picture of her soon that I like better, and it will be replaced altogether.

I just want to say thank you to Janay for the reminder to consider what we show to the world, especially the things we sew/embroider.  I am not particularly concerned with what people think of my wardrobe (or that of my kids) but I want to make sure what I present to them is a reflection of where my heart is!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, first, that is such a precious picture of your daughter, I can see why it's one of your favorites!!
    The scripture you shared in the comment section of my blog post is spot on. Love it!
    To replace the Sassy shirt, maybe she needs one with this design, I am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made! :)
    Thanks for joining me in speaking out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your post and the accountability! And for the link--if I don't stitch that design for her, I'm sure I will do something similar.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...