Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bibs for Selah

Today I got the chance to celebrate my friend Candy's pregnancy at her baby sprinkle.  I have been sewing in quick spurts when I can (this whole time full-time job thing seriously gets in the way... ) and almost forgot to take pictures.  Luckily the soon-to-be-mommy-of-4 just left the bibs unattended while she was chatting with her other friends and I managed to snag some very last-minute photos. 

"Golden" font by 8Claws
Shabby Rose applique from PlanetApplique


This was my first time doing "shabby" applique and I love how it turned out, even if it did shed a bit.  I thought it would be quicker than regular applique, and it was, in terms of stitchout time.  But it's offset by the time spend clipping the edges.  I really like the effect, though, and would like to do some more of this type of design soon.


"Harlow" font by 8Claws
Redwork cross from DesignsByJuju


This was also my first time doing a "redwork" design.  I thought this would be faster too but it took foooorrrreeeevvvveeeerrrr.  I think by about the fifth time the machine stitched over the same lines I wanted to scream.  Granted, I was doing this around midnight the night before (hey, gotta grab the rare moments these days when I'm awake AND have the energy to work in my sewing room).  And though I didn't pick the designs with time as a consideration at all, I was kind of disappointed because I thought they would be quicker.

My beautiful friend Candy and
lots of diapers for baby Selah


I really had fun making these bibs.  I think they are my new favorite thing to embroider.  They're affordable, come in lots of colors, are easy to hoop and are just a great canvas for being creative.  I know I make it sound like I love everything I make, and sometimes it's just because I blog during the post-project glow, but I really like how these turned out!  It's so much fun (and a little scary) seeing how designs stitch out for the first time, and I will be adding "Harlow" and "Golden" to my list of fonts to use again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...