I used the Sugarplum Skirt pattern from Tie Dye Diva and appliqued a long sleeve shirt to coordinate. The skirt has a flat front waistband and elastic in the back, along with a big (optional) bow in the front. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of most of the character fabric I've seen, but kids love it. This pattern offers the perfect solution--the end result is so pretty it doesn't matter what fabric you use!
For the shirt I used the Stitchy Applique Font from LynniePinnie. I think it's a neat look and would like to use it again on some stuff for my kids.
|I used a single piece of fabric and trimmed afterwards. |
It was a little tricky because the I put the letters so close together.
I also made two doll dresses, but my photos were awful, so I only have pictures of one to share. This is the Carousel Girl dolly dress from Ellie Inspired (who is no longer going to be selling doll patterns separately). It is beautiful, but was time-consuming to sew--the bottom ruffle was 6 feet long before it was ruffled! I used fabrics from the Bubble Gum Swing Dress I made Danielle and it turned out so pretty.
|Here is the back which has 4 rows of ruffles making a bustle|
I also made the Made for Mermaids Rapunzel dolly dress which had velcro along the back to close it and would be great for younger girls. It coordinates with the girl-sized version I made for Danielle for Halloween and which I finally got better pictures of to share.
Finally, I used the Made for Mermaids Cinderella pattern to make dress-up dresses for some special little girls. I have been making quite a few princess dresses, so I have lots more to say about Megan's great patterns, but I'll save them for another post :)