In case you don't remember from this post, I merged two designs from Designs By Juju together and added some words using the font Puppy Love. I stitched the design in a 5x7 hoop, then pieced a border out of squares that ended up being 3.5" x 3.5" once they were sewn. I used fabrics from my stash to match the colors in Danielle's bedding & curtains.
|Frog pillowcase & butterfly sheets? Works for me :)|
She uses a travel sized pillow so the finished dimensions were 20.5" x 14". The pillow was just a smidge longer than that, but I didn't want to make the math more complicated and pillows squish anyways.
|See, nice and snug|
The placement of the squares took forever, ugh. I wanted a different color in each corner, at least 3 or 4 squares between color repeats, and I didn't want a pink or brown to be in the center bottom (the brown would be overwhelming, and the pink would be too much with the pink lilypad above it). Yeah, I nuked the placement out, but I am pleased with the visual weight of the colors. For the back I made an envelope-style that overlaps.
|It doesn't lay as flat as it should, because of the snug size,|
but there's plenty of overlap so the pillow doesn't show.
As for the design--the end result stitched out nicely even with the manipulations, so I am ready to sew it on some shirts for my nieces now. I almost forgot to add an extra piece of stabilizer (to prevent puckering), but I stuck one on in time for the words, whew!
|Closeup of the froggie|