I finally made shirts for my twin nieces to match some flannel pants I made them for Christmas. Oops. The good news is that the shirts are long enough that they should be able to wear them in the fall, and I can always let down the hem of the pants if I need to.
Here's a picture of one of the shirts with the only bit of fabric I have left over, so you can imagine what it looks like with the pants.
This is the same design I used for Danielle's pillowcase (my test stitch out), and you can see the original designs I merged and modified in this post. I'm happy with the end result and hope my nieces like them.