Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My First Tutu

For as much as I love to sew, I'm not very "crafty".  I crochet and cross-stitch and all that jazz, but I don't do many paper or no-sew crafts.  This tutu is about as crafty as I get :)

She likes how full & sparkly it was :)


Technically I did sew a little, since I made a loop of elastic by overlapping the ends and stitching them.  But I just knotted the tulle on (2 strips at a time).

I used 18" strips and it's just long enough for now


It's very puffy, I don't know if there are any guidelines about how full tutus are supposed to be.  I just kept adding tulle until the whole elastic was covered.  I used a bit more than I thought I would.  I was hoping to get 2 tutus this size (Danielle is a 3T) out of the 100 yards of 6" wide tulle I bought, but I have less than half of the rolls left, so I will be making a smaller size.

I can't believe I waited so long
to make my little dancer a tutu!


I used light pink, fuchsia, lavender, white and a little bit of silver glittery tulle.  I figure it will go with quite a few of her clothes (despite how I "styled" it with a plain white shirt for the pictures).  It's pretty and girly and I think she likes it.  I'm going to ask her teacher if she can wear it to dance class for their last session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...