Thursday, June 7, 2012

Too Cute Shorts

I got the chance to test a shorts pattern for Cole's Corner & Creations and the results are adorable!

So is my model--but I'm biased :)


They're simple, elastic-waisted shorts with a cute ruching detail on the side.

You can cinch them as much
or as little as you want


I made this pair for Danielle out of a lightweight denim.  The pattern has instructions for using either fabric or ribbon for the ties--I went with some pink saddle-stitched grosgrain. 

Aren't these shorts darling?


They're meant to be a little blousy, and the pattern is designed to fit kids in a way that's comfortable.  Danielle is a bit skinnier than average, but I thought the shorts still fit great.



This is the second time I've tried one of Cole's patterns and I have to say I've been really impressed.  I've tried pdf patterns from several different people now now and Cole's patterns are by far some of my very favorite.  She offers lots of great tips and explanations in her instructions and I learned something new making these shorts.  I can't wait to see what she comes out with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...