Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fabric Shopping!

Those who have time, sew. Those who do not, fabric shop! Right?

There's been quite a bit of work going on in my sewing room lately, but before I start sharing what I've made I want to share some of the gems I picked up cruising for deals online when I didn't have the time and energy to sew.



This flannel is going to be turned into pajamas for Samuel (though not till the fall).  I picked up some Oliver+S patterns when they were on sale for 25% off, and plan to use the Sleepover Pajamas pattern.




These 3 cottons don't go together, obviously.  The far right is going to be made into a romper for Danielle for the summer (this Sew Sweet Patterns Saffron Romper, modified to have elastic shoulders). 
The middle fabric is called "Imperial Pheasant Garden, Navy" and is GORGEOUS in real life.  I don't buy many quilting cottons for myself, but I had to have some of this.  Unfortunately fabric.com only had 1/2 yard left when my order got processed :(  I'll probably make some sort of zippered bag with it. 
And finally, I picked up some pin dot fabric in navy (shown on the left) and a couple other colors (tan, two kinds of pink, lime, red), because I think it's so versatile. I can use it in clothes, as bag linings, for applique...it won't sit in my stash for too long!




Knits, for me.  I'm currently calorie counting & working out, so hopefully the pounds will come off and I'll be more motivated to sew for myself (and will have more energy to do it!)

The left is a a striped knit that I think would look cute angled to meet (as a top).  The right is a berry colored double knit that I want to find a dress pattern for.




These two are called "Watermelon Crush" and something else (I'll never get a blog post done if I have to look everything up!).  I think they are so pretty and bright.  They won't go together, since the scale is the same I don't think it looks right, but they will be put to good use!

 And here are some of my new Oliver + S Patterns!  I fell in love with the Apple-Picking Dress (top middle) after seeing Janimal's version.  The Sketchbook Shirt and Shorts are for my boy (top right) and I plan to make both kids pjs with the pattern on the bottom left.  The other two are really interesting designs that I'm excited to sew up.  I've sewn with a lot of different pattern brands lately, and I have found I really love sewing with well-drafted patterns (and Oliver + S are definitely some of the best!!)

I really like the yoke on the After School Pants

I also picked up the Puppet Show Tunic + Shorts pattern and the Sailboat Top + Pants patterns as digitals.  In the meantime, I've already cut out fabric to make a cute little Class Picnic Blouse for Danielle and have a Jump Rope Dress (the second view) traced out.  Can you tell I'm extra excited about sewing lately?

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the Tiramisu knit dress by Cake patterns? It might be cute in that berry knit :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...