Thursday, August 18, 2011

My First Crayon Roll

I've seen crayon rolls on other blogs and thought they were a great idea.  Planet Applique offers a free in-the-hoop design for one if you sign up for their Yahoo! group, so I decided to make one for my daughter before we went on a recent road trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Here's how it turned out:

I used the font "Madison" from 8 Claws


I thought it was pretty cute, but was surprised because I didn't realize how small it would be.  I made this in a 5x7 hoop, so it's maybe six inches wide.  It holds 8 crayons and had room for her name (obviously).

For my little girl who loves to dance


I laid a ponytail holder down during the step that stitches the front and back together to use as a closure, an idea I saw on one of my favorite blogs: Stitched By Janay.  
All rolled up


Danielle struggles a little with the rubber band and I like the idea of using velcro, but I wanted to make the whole thing with my embroidery machine and I don't have any software to edit designs yet.  I'll be saving my allowance for that after I get a coverstitch machine.  In the future I would also like to try some of the other designs for crayon rolls that include pockets for little coloring pads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...