Sunday, December 18, 2011

Zip Pouches

Well, I didn't make my goal of 7 items completed yesterday, I only got 3 items done.  But that's okay, I will persevere!

One of the things on my to-make list was these little zip pouches for Danielle and Samuel's Sunday school teachers.

We love Miss Marleane and Miss Betty!


Last year I made Key Ring ID Holders from Embroidery Garden.  I like that design a lot, especially since you can use complimentary fabrics.  I wanted to do something different this year, though, and I had purchased this zippered pouches design from digiStitches.  They make up quick!  I like that they can be monogrammed and "installing" the zipper couldn't be easier.

Miss Patty has a special place in Danielle's heart


These are the ones made in the 4x4 hoop, and are big enough to hold a gift card.

Ho Ho Ho!  Santa loves these zip pouches too :)


To monogram them, I hooped two pieces of tearaway stabilizer in my 4x4 hoop (to make sure the cotton fabric wouldn't pucker).  Then I unfolded the piece of fabric that sits below the zipper and placed it on the stabilizer so that the initial would stitch out in one corner.  After the first initial was done, I folded the fabric back out of the way, and stitched another initial on another piece of fabric in a different corner.

Here's what it looked like after the 3rd initial

I got all 3 pouches monogrammed in one hooping this way.  Then I removed the the hoop, tore away the stabilizer, and folded each piece of fabric over interfacing, finishing per the instructions.

I had so much fun making these.  I plan to buy some zippers in bulk after the holidays as I think these will make great year-round gifts (especially the 5x7 size!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...