Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tip: Rotary Blades

Today's tip is one I learned from the message boards at Pattern Review:  Instead of paying $3 - $5 per blade for 45mm rotary blade replacements, you can pick these up for about a buck apiece.  I got mine at Harbor Freight, I'm sure they are sold at other stores as well. 

They're called carpet cutter blades

Also, if you have trouble cutting straight with a rotary cutter (and I did, even though that is pretty much the whole point of them), I recommend getting one with a handle like this.

NAYY*, just a happy user


This one is from Fiskars and my mom gave it to me.  The handle makes it really easy to get a balanced grip, which makes it so much easier for me to stay alongside my ruler.

*In case you are wondering, I don't get money to say nice things.  I just wanted to pass along what has worked for me and made me happy.  If Janome (the sewing machine manufacturers) ever wanted to give me free stuff to endorse them, I would totally do it.  Otherwise, I'm just a girl who loves to sew, no commercial strings attached:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...