I made these for my nieces because my sister is crazy about owls. I already made them owl shirts, so I think I'm done with owl gifts for the girls.
|Danielle loved the braids|
That's my daughter wearing the pink one. Don't worry, I made her a hat too. It's out of purple variegated yarn, I just need to sew the eyes and beak on it. Hers is a beanie (no earflaps) and I don't think the braids will look right. But I'll probably make her hats all winter, so she will get some braids :)
|I call this picture "Owl in Flight"|
These made up pretty quickly. The longest part was sewing the eyes on evenly :) I used this pattern from etsy and modified it slightly. I made two less rows than the pattern said to, and I skipped a row of white on the eyes because I thought it made them too buggy. There were no instructions on how to do the braids, even though they were shown in the photo.
I am having a lot of fun with these crocheted hats. They're not instant gratification, but pretty close. I'm going to try to get some fabric cut out this week so I can get back to my regular sewing machine, though.
My want-to-do list:
- I have a shirtdress from this Oliver + S pattern (the alternate view) that I want to make for Danielle for the winter
- I have a bunch of PJ pants to make for our family and for gifts
- I have a bunch of Christmas gifts to make, mostly with my embroidery machine. I will have to be careful which ones I blog about :)
- I want to make at least two tops for myself. I desperately need some clothes and have been refusing to buy them because I have
too muchso much fabric.
- I have 3 outfits planned for Samuel that consist of long-sleeved appliqued onesies and coordinating pants