Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Prickle of Hedgehogs

Did you catch the "rafter" of turkeys in my last post?  I've enjoyed looking up what a group of my embroidered animals is called.  Today I present an array of hedgehogs, though I prefer the alternative--"prickle".

For my nieces.  No, really, I do sew for
people other than them...


Seriously, I'm wrapping up the sewing for my sister.  I don't know how she ended up with more projects on my to-do list than I did (especially since I keep my to-do list never ending).  Anyways, she wanted these hedgehogs from LynniePinnie on shirts for her girls.

Detail shot of the green one


She picked out a bunch of fabrics from The Little Fabric Shop, and asked me to use them.  I think she was tired, as they were not really all in the same color scheme.  My mom was visiting and came up with the order of the fabrics, along with the idea to have the colors reversed between the two.

Here's the pink one


I thought that was a great idea.  I must say I prefer this hedgehog from Planet Applique, but I made Danielle a shirt with this one after a slight sizing snafu (I couldn't have one twin's hedgehog be 90% the size of the other!)

One of these things is not like the others

These shirts were a little outside my comfort zone, but I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...